Toys on Tour: Linfield Industrial Park, guest-starring Evasion Optimus Prime



Linfield Industrial Park is a huge, 192 acre multi-use facility in Limerick, PA, that has been around for around 100 years or so, and like all places that are that old, it has a rather spotty past to go with its uncertain future. The site was closed down in 1986, and has laid fallow and unused ever since. However, the site has found a life of its own by being a popular spot for explorers of abandoned places, and also the local youth as well, who like to go there and do things like smoke pot, despite the possibility of arrest for trespassing.

I don't get to do much urban exploring, but this site was too interesting to pass up. So, I hit up the property with my Girlfriend in August of 2015. And, like the geek I am, I brought my beat-up Evasion-Mode Optimus Prime along with.  Yes, I have non beat-up versions, but this one was a used figure I picked up off eBay for cheap, and it sometimes gets carted around to various places.

Anyway, you could explore this site all day, and still not get its full measure. That said, many of the ground-level interior warehouse spaces aren't healthy places for exploration, largely due to large amounts of mold and mildew to go along with the rubbish-strewn floors. A couple of the stairwells will get you roof access, but I'm acrophobic and I'm not going all the way up there.

So, enjoy a few photos from our jaunt, and you'll also find a couple of links beneath the pics below to galleries from some other intrepid explorers who enjoyed their visit to Linfield.




 * Abandoned Exploration: Linfield Industrial Park - by Abandonedexplorer84

Comments

  1. At least the thistle was pretty, and the grapes were getting ready to be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. The thistle was very lovely, and bumblebees always make me happy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You are seen. You are seen. You are seen.

Wrestlemania 34