It's on hold...


So, that promised BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER rewatch? Yeah, that's on hold, and I apologize. 

Why is that? To be honest, I may be going about it the wrong way. I had decided to do a very in-depth deep-dive style of review, and that's what I was working on as I watched Welcome To The Hellmouth, but in the end, I may have waded into deeper waters than I have the energy to navigate. The review I was writing got so long and involved, it frankly became a slog.

And why? Why should I turn something like that into a slog? There are Buffy deep-dives aplenty out there, and have been since the very start. I really don't know if I can say anything new about the show with an in-depth approach, and honestly, I just don't have the background in things like philosophy and film-studies to justify it, I'd just be building off the work that others has done before, and done better.

So, I'm going to hang back, and take a more relaxed approach to it, and see what develops. Rather than devoting myself to in-depth observations for each episode, I think I should take an episode-by-episode approach. Sometimes I'll have a lot to say, and at other times, not so much. In the end, I think I'll be a lot happier with the process if I handle it like that.

Anyway, I'll see about getting that ramped up in November, once my annual HORROR MARATHON is over and done with. Until then, watch this space!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys on Tour: Linfield Industrial Park, guest-starring Evasion Optimus Prime

You are seen. You are seen. You are seen.

Movie Review: REPULSION (1965)