Can you feel it on the wind?


Yes, my friends, it is indeed almost that time again! I'll be starting my annual marathon of horrors with a week-long pre-show on August the 25th

This is the sixth year that I've done this, and generally I just post about it on Facebook. I'll be doing that this year too, although I'm paring back the FB coverage this time out because, well, screw Zuckerberg, and screw Facebook. While I'll post notifications about what and when I'm watching on FB, my reviews will no longer be posted there. Instead, I'll be posting them right here, where they belong.

So, for this year's pre-show, I have 10 films lined up. The theme is pandemics (naturally):

  • Children Of Men (2006)
  • 12 Monkeys (1995)
  • Blindness (2008)
  • Maggie (2015)
  • REC (2007)
  • Contagion (2011)
  • The Seventh Seal (1957)
  • Right At Your Door (2006)
  • Zombieland - Double-Tap (2019)
  • Pontypool (2008)

Out of these, I've seen Pontypool and 12 Monkeys. I saw the former about 9 years ago, and the latter I probably saw shortly after it hit the video-store shelves, and it didn't truly grab me at the time. As such, its long overdue for a re-watch. Contagion isn't strictly a horror-film in the traditional sense, but its friggin' 2020, and its definitely close-enough to count. And, while I've seen the English-language remake of REC (called Quarantine), I've never seen the original.

Now, as in years past, I won't be doing in-depth reviews of everything. I just don't have the spoons for that sort of thing, and some films just aren't going to inspire me to go on at length. However, I will have a bit of something to say about each one, and I will indeed share all of it right here.

So keep your eyes open, because the fun begins in just 10 short days.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toys on Tour: Linfield Industrial Park, guest-starring Evasion Optimus Prime

You are seen. You are seen. You are seen.

Movie Review: REPULSION (1965)